"My name is Percival Wemys Madison of Vicarage, Harcourt St. Anthony, Hants".

Thursday 30 May 2013


Our Family!

A group should be a family. :) People that work well together to get things done. There should be balance with everything that happens in a group such as the tasks, leadership, and decisions. Everyone should get to be a part in making decisions that affect the group. With Ralph and Jack, we will never have a perfect group. Their leadership styles are too different to work well together. Right now on the island we are all having problems. Everyone is fighting and they all seem to be doing their own thing. I feel alone. People are also following Jack because what he is doing is fun, unlike Ralph and Piggy who are actually doing stuff to help us get rescued and survive on the island. No one seems to understand the need for both fun and important things on the island. One day I hope we will all just get along and live together as one big happy family. Jack is just acting super silly, but he looks kind of cool with the war paint on his face and he got us lots of meat!! I'm not hungry anymore. However he does have a self-interest behaviour, by displaying a lack of respect for the other kids and nit-picking every little thing Ralph does. He's makes bad jokes about everyone and it sucks. I don't understand why everyone has been so sad lately, WE KILLED THE BEASTIE! Shouldn't everyone be happy? Simon seems to be missing though; I think he went off to kill another pig! Considering he's so tough and all. I think the older boys know where he is because they keep acting weird when I ask about him. It's like they’re not telling us something! :( I wonder if he is okay. It sucks without him!  I want my friend back! The documentry, The Wave was scary! It showed me that kids get caught up in the idea of being the same. I feel like we are starting to do the same thing on the island...everyone is following Jack just because he says that his way is better, they dont know what is really good or not; they just want to be included in the group. In the clip, Laurie stands up for her individuality by not repeating the motto and writing against, The Wave in the school paper. I think that Ralph is like Laurie in this way, he doesn't go with Jack to hunt and have fun because he knows what is right and what has to be done.  I think that the group is going to break up even more, and Ralph will continue trying to get us back home while Jack just sits around getting meat served to him.

5 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for caring. I will watch over you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam: we miss simon
    eric: where did he go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jack and Ralph combine groups, it will be dysfunctional and we won't survive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to pull a Laurie on you, but we really shouldn't become like the wave. I agree that we're starting to do the same thing as the wave. We're becoming something scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear child, you misunder the dynamics of this island. You acuse Jack of slothfulness, but being a leader is not easy work! We must give him our best so that he may lead us to the best of his ability. Our structure is too divided currently; to thrive, we must unite under one leader, and that leader is Jack!

    ReplyDelete